Easter Play Dough
LadyBird Two and Pre – School Owls have been busy this week making their own playdough.
LadyBird Two developed their fine and gross motor skills when squeezing and rolling the dough and showed great interest in the marks that they made when pressing the play dough cutters into their playdough
Pre-School developed their listening and understanding when following instructions to make their playdough and developed their creative skills when decorating their Easter egg.
You will need:
- 2 cups of flour, plus extra for dusting your board
- 1 cup of salt
- 2 cups of warm water
- Food colouring
- 2 tbsps vegetable oi
How to make playdough
- Mix together the flour and salt in one bowl, and the water, oil and a few drops of food colouring in the other bowl
- Pour the oil, water and food colouring mix into the bowl with the flour. Use a wooden spoon to mix together
- Dust your wooden chopping board with flour. Place the dough mix on top and knead for a few minutes until smooth and pliable.
- Leave to cool completely and then your homemade playdough is ready for little hands! Store in the fridge in an airtight container to keep fresh